Saturday, July 4, 2009

What's the Highest Rated Prosumer Compact Camera

What is a Prosumer camera?, you might ask.
Prosumer is the highest you can go without actually getting into the DSLR cameras.
You can expect to pay more for a prosumer digital camera than you would for a mid-range compact camera. But you get so much more. Prosumer cameras are for photographers who want to take more control of their shots, rather than letting the camera select the settings.
So, with that said, the Highest Rated Prosumer Compact Camera is... drum roll please... (and, yes, I know this is a blog titled Canon..., but, hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em)

Panasonic DMC-LX3


Here's the formula for determining the highest rating:
  • Check DPReview.com Camera Ratings (this could take a while - there are lots)
  • Check Imaging-Resource.com Camera Reviews
  • Narrow choice down to Canon G10, Nikon P90, Panasonic Lumix LX3 (trust me, I want the Canon to win)
  • Check User Ratings at DPReview, Amazon, B&H Photo
  • Enter all these numbers into my computer brain for analysis.
Voila, my brain spits out the winner!
(The Canon G10 came in a close second)
I spent lots of time compiling these results, not just for Prosumer Compacts, but for other categories, as well. I posted them on a Squidoo lens and on my website: www.digital-photographic-resources.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment