|The "look" is photographer, but you must|
see the results before it's official.
Trust me, I am not against photographers or photography classes. In truth, I am totally in favor of educating yourself as much as possible, particularly as it applies to photography. However, due to a recent change in attitude on my part, I must say this.
Camera equipment does not a photographer make!
That's it. I said it, and I'm sticking with it. Not too long ago, I was also a adherent to the concept that to be a photographer you had to own all the best gear. He must have a well equipped studio with all the special lights and backdrops, the underwater gear, access to an airplane to take the aerial shots.
Photography is not about gear. It's not about a degree from a university. Finally, photography is not some special gift.
Photography is quite simply about capturing the light. It's about being able to snap the shutter at just the perfect time and from the correct place. Photography is about life.
Right now, just consider the terrific photographs that moved you somehow, whether emotionally or spiritually. Those are the ones with life. Even the photographs of still objects that attract you do it by stirring you emotionally. They stir up the life inside of you.
These kinds of pictures are the product of photographers. Photographers take the pictures with the best gear, or, if need be, with the least of gear. They just have a passion to make great pictures. They simply follow their calling.
|photography studio equipment |
image from olx.com
• A photographer views the world artistically and notices things like light and shadows, color and design.
• He values nature and can photograph it so that everyone else can too.
• A photographer is extremely observant of his surroundings and takes lots of images of it.
• A photographer loves sharing his pictures so that others can experience the emotions that they bring out.
But there are also some common misconceptions about photographers that you need to get rid of:
• He is not just lucky. Being at the right place at the right time does play a part in the game, but it is not because of luck. It is because she is dedicated to her passion.
• A photographer is good because she has the newest and bestest of gear. Many folks think that if they don't have that new digital SLR that just came out with the super-duper prime lens, they will not get the best shots. Although having good gear is important for a pro, it does not define a photographer.
• A photographer does not need to be a born artist. It is true that some people have a better eye for picture making, but it is also true that the eye can be trained to see the creative images.
• He has a natural knack for things that are technical and difficult. One of the myths about photography is that it is really technical, which inevitably makes it too hard to grasp. Sorry, but this is just not the case. A photographer can take good pictures with any equipment. It's true that some types of photo gear are quite technical, but, once again, they do not determine a photographer.
Great photography is really extremely easy. Be prepared to take a photograph when the opportunity presents itself (hence the term "photo opportunity"). "View" your surroundings in a different light. Become familiar with some primary guidelines about shooting technique. Shoot.
OK, so maybe it is not as easy as that, because it does take training. So learning about photography is part of the equation. That's where PhotographyClassesAtlanta.org comes in. Check us out.