There are two separate groups of photographers who will be excited about this little package of photographic technology.
To begin with, there is the serious amateur who is not quite ready for the Digital SLR. She wishes to test out camera features and controls that are not available on less highly developed models in order to develop a firm grasp of what these controls are capable of doing and the way the work.
The second group is the DSLR owner, either an excellent amateur or a pro, who is looking for a great pocket model. These are individuals who under no circumstances want to overlook a photo op, no matter if their digital SLR camera is not conveniently accessible.
The Canon Powershot S90 has the look and feel of a truly compact camera, the kind that most folks carry around in their pocket or purse. However, it is anything but a typical digital compact.
Some of the attention getting features of the Canon Powershot S90:
- New 10-megapixel High Sensitivity System; DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Improved low-light image performance, plus a Low Light scene mode for ISO settings up to 12,800
- Customizable control ring for easy access and operation of manual or other creative shooting settings
- Wide-angle 3.8x optical zoom with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer; bright f/2.0 lens
1. Extensive photographic feature set - more professional than typical point and shoot cameras
2. New Function Ring for easy access of the advanced manual controls
3. Usable, fast RAW mode with excellent software supplied (RAW, an alternative to JPEG, is the choice of all advanced photographers)
4. Highly customizable - normal digital cameras have single creative selections, but the S90 is customizable in the same sense as high end DSLR cameras.
This quote from a Canon Powershot S90 owner sums up the feelings of many satisfied owners: "You get what you pay for and if you want the best pocket size camera on the market, look no further than the S90."
For more about the Canon Powershot S90 and some possible alternate options, visit www.digital-photographic-resources.com.